dimanche 1 octobre 2017

A Personal Trainer Wants You to Know This About Her "Flat" Belly

Madalin Giorgetta is a certified personal trainer who felt compelled to post these side-by-side photos for two important reasons. One has to do with how her belly looks. For all the women who ask Maddy if she has a flat stomach all the time, she shares, "No, no I don't 🙈 My stomach is flat for about 10% of the day," and she mostly looks like the photo on the left.

Belly bloat wasn't the only reason for this Instagram post. Maddy wanted to address a more serious topic: social media and body image. She said that a woman recently commented on one of her Instagram photos, saying she was going to unfollow Maddy because she made her feel bad about her body.

You'd think Maddy would have been upset or offended, but she felt "it was not malicious or mean, it was just honest." She went on to say, "If I ever made anyone feel bad about their body, I want them to unfollow me, because I only follow women who make me feel good ❤️."

Maddy told POPSUGAR, "I love following women on Instagram who have a similar body to my own. Long lean legs and big boobs will never be attainable for me, so I like to follow women who look similar to me and who project wicked self-confidence. I think, if they can be sexy and look like that, why can't I?" She said it's important to surround yourself with men and women who inspire, motivate, and lift you up, and "help you to accept the body that you were born with."

With that said, it may be time to take a closer look at your Instagram feed to make sure all the accounts you follow are supporting and encouraging your goals, not making you feel insecure or bad about them.



0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire