mercredi 26 juillet 2017

13 Things That Most Likely Happened at Your Birthday Parties If You're Latinx

Whenever I'm reliving my childhood with friends, there are a few things that stand out no matter what birthday I was celebrating - the food, the immense amount of drinks, and all the people there to take part in the massive party. At my eighth birthday, all of my friends got CD players and also pastelitos (because my mom went big or went home). Even now, my birthdays are extra special because that's how I'm used to celebrating the day.

There's something about Latinx birthdays that is so symbolic of the culture as a whole - it's a celebration of life, family, and the fact that this is another reason to bring everyone together. While your birthdays may be hard to explain to those who didn't grow up in the culture, it just proves that these are better experienced IRL, or via GIF.



0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire