lundi 10 juillet 2017

This Pregnant News Anchor's Reaction to Being Called "Disgusting" Is Priceless

If you have a job in the public eye, it's no secret that the spotlight can be a particularly brutal place. And apparently now pregnant women are no exception.

Laura Warren, a TV anchor in Augusta, GA, took to her blog Bump, Baby, and Breaking News to share her feelings after getting an anonymous phone call on July 3 from a viewer calling her pregnant body "disgusting."

The caller left a voicemail on Warren's phone telling her to "please go to Target and buy some decent maternity clothes so you don't walk around looking like you got a watermelon strapped under your too tight outfits. Target's got a great line of maternity clothes in case you've never heard of such a thing. You're getting to where you're being disgusting on the TV."

And while Warren knows the perils of living life in the limelight and has developed a thick skin over the years, she took this jab at her pregnancy to heart.

The news anchor - who's only 20 weeks along - deleted the voicemail and addressed her initial feelings in her blog, writing: "Did she just call a pregnant person disgusting? What kind of... I am only at week 20 of this? Am I going to have to deal with this crap another 20 weeks? Should I have my consultant or my boss call her and tell her tailored, form fitting clothes look way better on air than baggy ones, especially when pregnant? Is that a WOMAN who called me?!? Is she a MOTHER?!?!? The freaking nerve..."

She also got into how hard it is to be pregnant to begin with, especially when you're going on camera in front of thousands of people each day. "Now, throw yourself in front of a camera that adds 20 pounds every night, find clothes that not only fit, but also don't make you look like a whale, and cake on enough hair and makeup products twice a day to moonlight as a Las Vegas showgirl, and you'll understand where I'm coming from," she said.

After weighing her options, the expectant mom decided to take the high road.

"So, I think instead of letting this lady get me down, I'm just going to turn her negative energy into positive energy," Warren reasoned. "I'm going to say as many nice things as I can to as many people as I can, and I'm going to do it in a dress that fits these beautiful new curves with my 'watermelon' stomach showing."



0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire