lundi 1 mai 2017

Nancy Pelosi: "I Never Thought I'd Pray For the Day" Bush Was President

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi had a slip of the tongue when she accidentally referred to President Donald Trump as former President George W. Bush during an interview on ABC's The Week. Pelosi sat down with Jonathan Karl to discuss President Trump's first 100 days in office and how the Democratic party could work with him, but it wasn't until she mixed the names up that the interview really escalated.

"Winning means winning for the American people, that either we win or whoever wins understands the priorities of the American people," she said. "And they are not with President Bush." Um. . .

"Excuse me!" she said, after catching her mistake. "I'm so sorry, President Bush. I never thought I'd pray for the day that you were president again."


Liberals could not stand President Bush - and he frequently pops up on lists of our nation's worst-ever presidents - but Pelosi seems to be saying that even Bush's most dismal approval ratings are nothing compared to the way President Trump is viewed by the Democratic leaders and left-leaning citizens.

This isn't the first time that liberals have spoken out about the ironic comparison between Trump and Bush. During Samantha Bee's Not the White House Correspondents' Dinner, Will Ferrell brought back his notorious George W. Bush impression to laugh about the times when he "was considered the worst president of all time."

"I needed eight years, a catastrophic flood, a war built on a lie, and an economic disaster," Ferrell said as Bush. "The new guy only needed 100 days. He is widely considered the worst president of all time. I came in second. I'm fine with that. No one remembers second place."



0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire